Cryogenic Field Service TechnicianPhoenix, AZ Apply
Performing work involving the skills of four or more maintenance or craft occupations responsible for repairing low temperature, high-pressure cryogenic and industrial gas equipment at customers’ sites in adverse outdoor conditions. Individual will be part of a service team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Based on mechanical/technical knowledge of industrial gas equipment, install, assemble, troubleshoot, fit, test, recondition and repair parts and components using precision tools and equipment
- As necessary, communicate with customers regarding progress of projects
- Complete and maintain detailed records of repairs and all work performed using computer system
- Individual must have a valid driver’s license, drive to customers with possible overnight hotel stays, sometimes requiring air travel
- If employee is required to drive a vehicle over 10,001 pounds they will be required to take a DOT Medical Exam
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Must have HS diploma/GED
- Mathematics and PC skills required;
- Ability to read, interpret and work with complex parts and assembly drawings;
- Must be able to use precision measuring tools and equipment;
- Verbal and interpersonal skills required to interface with customers;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to be insured as a driver under the company’s driver insurance policy;
- Must be capable of completing tasks unassisted at customer locations;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, address priorities, and direct coworkers
- Quickly diagnose installation or maintenance issues;
- Assist in quoting projects;
- Frequent nationwide travel required via car and air; length of assignment will vary from 1 to 2+ weeks.
CRAFTS OR SKILLS TO QUALIFY FOR POSITION: (Requires Four to Qualify)
- 8 to 10 years of TIG welding experience or certified TIG pipe welder directly from school. Must be able to TIG weld a range of pipe from 1/4” to 6” stainless and carbon steel and pass a certification test;
- Must be able to braze a range of tubes from ¼” to 2” copper, brass and stainless and pass a certification test;
- 10 years of cryogenic/industrial gas experience required.
- Proficiency with crane and rigging experience specific to cryogenic and industrial gas equipment;
- Proficiency related to hands-on experience testing and repairing electrical devices and installations;
- Proficiency related to vacuum work and mass spectrometer applications;
- Ability to meet with customers and sales team members to discuss designs and applications
Work performed is outdoors in varying and potentially adverse conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.