FabricatorsOxnard, CA Apply
Fabricate, position, align, and fit parts of structural metal products. Set up, operate, and tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Study engineering drawings, blueprints, and other instructions to determine materials requirements, task sequences and operational methods.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Measure dimensions of completed products and verify conformance of workpieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Align and fit parts and workpieces according to specifications, using jacks, turn buckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Position or tighten braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps, or bolt parts in position for welding or riveting.
- Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications.
- Set up and utilize jigs, fixtures, welding torches, hand tools and welding equipment.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, plasma cutters, grinders, punch press, manual milling machine, radial arm drill press, plate rolling machine, manual lathe, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Lay out and examine metal stock, parts or workpieces to be processed and prepare assembly to ensure that specifications are met.
- Inspect products and ensure proper assembly.
- Cut, clean, fit up and tack-weld aluminum, stainless steel and carbon steel parts together.
- Lift or move materials, workpieces, and finished products using cranes, forklift or other lifting equipment.
- Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
- Smooth metal surfaces or workpiece edges and fix taps, tubes, and valves.
- Mount attachments, materials or tools onto production equipment.
- Assemble temporary equipment or structures.
- Locate and mark workpiece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Draw guide lines or markings on materials or workpieces using patterns or other references.
- Design and construct templates, patterns, work aides and fixtures, using hand tools.
- Hammer, chip, and grind workpieces to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
- Straighten warped or bent parts, shape or reshape metal workpieces to established specifications using, hammers and small hand tools, sledges, hand torches, and straightening presses.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Six to twelve months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to set up and operate machinery, have good math skills and ability to work from blue prints.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.