Pipefitter Field Service Technician IPort St. Lucie, Florida Apply
Performing work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations responsible for installing and repairing low temperature, high-pressure cryogenic and industrial gas equipment at customers’ sites inside facilities and in adverse outdoor conditions. Individual will be part of a service team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Based on mechanical/technical knowledge of industrial gas equipment, install, assemble, troubleshoot, fit, test, recondition and repair parts and components using precision tools and equipment
- Work as member of crew installing specialized piping systems in variety of environments
- Operate power tools, pressure washers, core drills and similar equipment
- As necessary, communicate with customers regarding progress of projects
- Individual must be able to work at heights on a ladder or lift and be able to travel
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Must have HS diploma/GED;
- Mathematics and PC skills required;
- Ability to read, interpret and work with complex parts and assembly drawings;
- Must be able to use precision measuring tools and equipment;
- Verbal and interpersonal skills required to interface with customers;
- Proficiency related to hands-on experience testing and repairing devices and installations helpful;
- Proficiency related to vacuum work and mass spectrometer applications helpful
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to be insured as a driver under the company’s policy;
- Frequent travel required via company vehicle mostly Southeast US. Length of out of town assignment will vary from 1 to 7 days per week when required.
CRAFTS OR SKILLS TO QUALIFY FOR POSITION: (Requires Two to Qualify)
- 2 to 4 years of troubleshooting, mechanical installation and repair work;
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in pipe fitting or plumbing industrial environment;
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in sprinkler system installation;
- 2 to 4 years refrigeration/ HVAC installation and repair;
- 2 to 4 years’ experience brazing copper pipe up to 3” size;
- 2 to 4 years of cryogenic/industrial gas experience;
- Must be capable of completing tasks unassisted at customer locations.
The work environment characteristics described here are employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Work performed is indoors and outdoors in varying and potentially adverse conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee should be comfortable working on ladders at heights. The employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.